As part of its work, the research initiative has completed the following milestones:
- a Call for Papers for a panel on "Fandom and the Public Sphere: Textuality, Affect, and Social Relevance" at the 2014 Annual Meeting of the ASA.
- the "Poetics of Politics" conference in June 2013
- a workshop on milblogging in November 2012
- a volume on Participating Audiences, Imagines Public Spheres published in 2012. See www.participating-audiences.com for more information.
- a workshop on "Narrative, Audience, and Transnational Public Spheres" at the Annual Conference of the DGfA/GAAS 2011